Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Multimedia Text Sets

I am in the beginning stages of acquiring my Level 2 Google Educator Certification. During the process, I work through training materials provided by Google - that's where I came across Multimedia Text Sets. Now, this may not be new to some of you, but it certainly is to me.

Multimedia Text Sets are a great way to organize activities for your students. You can use them for a flipped lesson or project. Here's how it works. Set up a Google Doc that students can view (they can make a copy of it from the viewable version if needed). The document contains a table that lists out the different parts of a project or lesson. Step 1 might be to view a video and then complete a Google Doc to answer questions. Step 2 might have a Thinglink link that student explore to begin gathering data for an Infographic. It creates logical sections for students as they work through the lesson. I know some people might use a website or other shared files to accomplish the same thing, but I loved how this was set up - so easy to see the plan of action for our students. Here's a link to a sample set

No comments:

Post a Comment