Monday, May 9, 2016

Stay Connected with Twitter

Summer is coming and I can't think of a better time to start using Twitter. If I could only pick one social media tool, I think it would be Twitter. Thank goodness I don't really have to choose.

Twitter can be accessed from any device, but I love how easy it is to use the Twitter app on my phone. I can view posts, send a tweet, upload an image and find people to follow all from my phone. 

Many people say they just don't "get" Twitter. Here's the best way I can describe it - global connections with others. 

Why do you need to connect globally?  Think about this - if you are on a campus with three other 3rd grade teachers and they are all great teachers - you have a nice little network to share ideas, find resources, get help. If you connect to thirty other 3rd grade teachers and they are all great teachers - you have a nice large network to share ideas, find resources and get help. There are great teachers all over the country (heck, just in Texas) that are doing awesome things and they are sharing them on Twitter. You have awesome ideas too and people want to hear about it. Share it on Twitter. 

If you're not sure how to get started - try this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment