Tech Tip Tuesday
While YouTube is a beneficial educational tool to use in the classroom, the advertisements and other video screen shots can be inappropriate and distracting for students. Leading to a whole lot of headaches if teachers aren't on their toes and monitoring at all times and all screens. This in itself can be difficult. Here are two options that can help you safely present YouTube Videos to your students:
1) Google Slides - Teachers can easily assemble all their educational YouTube videos and embed them into Google Slides.
- Open Google Slide
- Click Insert>Video
- Paste in a YouTube link OR type in a keyword to search YouTube for a video.
- You can preview the video before inserting it into the slide.
- Click on the video you want>Select.
2) ViewPure - See YouTube videos with no links, advertisements, or distractions.
- Open the ViewPure website.
- Paste a YouTube link into the search box.
- Click the Gear icon to set up a custom URL, set up a password, or define the start and end time of the video.
- Click Purify. It will open your video in a new screen.
- Copy the link at the top and share with students, parents, or faculty through an email, classroom website, or Google Classroom.