Tech Tip Tuesday
Here are some tricks and tips to get the most out of your ipad.
1. Quick Recharge: Put your device on airplane mode, and it will charge twice as fast.
2. Keyboard Click: To turn off the sound of the keyboard click, go to Settings>Sounds>Keyboard Clicks. Slide the button to off and your done.
3. Split Keyboard: Sometimes students when typing will accidentally swipe two fingers across the keyboard and it will split. To bring it back together have them place a finger on each side of the keyboard and swipe their fingers together back to the middle.
4. Space Needed: To see how much space is available on your device, go to Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage. The fastest way to free up space is to delete photos and videos. It's also advisable to free up space by deleting apps that you are no longer using. Deleting apps are easy and can be done from your home screen. To delete an app, hold your finger down on the app icon until all the icons on the screen start wiggling. Next, tap the cross on the top-left corner, and you'll be asked if you want to delete it. Press delete. You can delete as many apps as needed. Once you are finished deleting apps that you don't need anymore, press the home button and the icons will seize wiggling. Don't forget that if you need the app back, you can download it from the app store just click on purchased to find it.
5. Organize: You can organize your home screen by creating folders for your apps. To create a folder, hold your finger down on an icon until they start wiggling and then drag one icon on top of another. It will group them together. From here you can name your folder. To add more icons to the folder, just repeat the step above.