Tech Tip Tuesday
Do you have students who don't know how to type or type slow?
Google Docs has sped up the typing process with Voice Typing. It turns any words into text.
It's a super easy way to put words on a document. Students can type, edit, and format with their voice in a Google doc. Because it also offers a variety of languages, students and teachers can translate documents.
- Make sure you having a working microphone. *Chromebooks and ipads have built in microphones. Just make sure that they are enabled.
- Open a New Google Doc or an Existing Google Doc.
- Place your cursor where you want to type.
- Click Tools > Voice Typing
- Click the speaker icon and speak your text.
- Speak in a clear and normal voice
- Speak any punctuation, spacing, or formatting
- Can even speak words for images.
Click Here for a list of Voice Commands.
Please leave comments and share with us on how you and your students are using Voice Typing in your classroom.