Monday, February 20, 2017

Scanning Apps

Mobile App Monday


I found myself needing to take a photo of a paragraph from a book, convert it to a PDF, annotate, and then share. And I did not want to spend any money to do it. Here's what I found this weekend: 

Tiny Scanner: Free to install to iphone or android. I took a picture of a page from my book, but would have to upgrade to pro ($4.99) to add to my Google Drive. 

CamScanner: Free to install to iphone or android. I took a picture of a page from my book. For free, I was able to quickly and easily install InNote which gave me the capability to annotate, highlight, and add watermark text. The InNote annotations instantly saved in the CamScanner app. For free, I was able to share either as a PDF or image (JPG) into my Google Drive. 


Office Lens: Free to install to iphone or android. I again took a picture of a page from a book. I opened in the OneNote App and was able to annotate, save to my Microsoft OneDrive, and share with others. 


If you have another app that you use, please post it in the comment box below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment