Moving Videos from the iPad
to the Computer
Creating video content using an iPad is fairly simple and make classroom lessons more engaging, but what happens with the video after it's created? How can we share it with others in our class, campus and community?
The video could be posted to our class blog, website or YouTube channel. It could also be inserted into a presentation or kept in a video library on the teacher computer so it could be shared during Open House.
So how to we move it from the mobile device to the computer?
Here are 5 simple steps to make that happen.
1. Use the iPad power cable to connect the iPad (charging port) to the computer (USB port).
2. Give the computer a few minutes to install drivers and recognize the device. Once it does, you will see a window on the screen. Double click Open Device to View Files.
3. Make sure you click Trust on the iPad so it knows to trust the computer.
4. Double Click Internal Storage > DCIM > Apple Folder (names will be different on each device).
5. Find the video you want to move and click and drag it to a folder on the computer.
Here's a quick video to walk you through the process - http://somup.com/cDVub9ZZt